D.P.S. PROGRAM OUTLINE
Interested applicants are recommended to apply for the Master of Theological Studies Program (First Studies Stream).
21 courses are required for the diploma. With the approval of the program director, up to 8 of the 21 courses may be taken at the undergraduate level.
All students are required to maintain an electronic portfolio that documents their progress through their programs.
- A 18-hour seminar in academic skills entitled "Introduction to Philosophical Studies" given over the course of 6 days in late August.
Philosophy Courses: 10 Units
- The precise courses that fulfill the philosophy distribution requirements will be determined each year by the program director/academic advisor.
- 4 units in the history of philosophy; one from each of the different historical periods:
- Early Modern
- 4 units in different philosophical disciplines:
- Philosophy of God
- Philosophy of Human Nature
- 2 units of electives in Philosophy
Theological Courses: 3 Units
- RGT1101HF: Foundations of Theology
- RGB1501HF: Introduction to the New Testament
- RGB1005HS: Introduction to the Old Testament
Elective Courses: 6 Units
- In theology, social sciences, or a second language
Integrative Seminar: 2 Unit
- A final integrative seminar in which the student prepares a 30-page paper, which will be defended orally in the first week of June.