STUDENT VISAS & STUDY PERMIT FOR FOREIGN APPLICANTS WISHING TO STUDY IN CANADA
Most foreign students need a permit to study in Canada. Please check with the embassy closest to you as requirements are constantly changing and can differ from country to country. At the present time the following information is required:
- An original and one copy of your letter of acceptance into a degree program at Regis College stating the registration deadline, the course of studies and the cost of tuition;
- Proof that you have enough money to pay school fees and live near the school. This can be done in one of four ways:-
- Either a letter from a Canadian financial institution stating that the funds necessary for the first year of study are on deposit with the institution in the applicant's name
- A bank draft in convertible currency made payable to the applicant for an amount equal to the funds required for the first year of study;
- Evidence of acceptance into a Canadian government-funded program such as CIDA or DFAIT;
- A written statement from the person or organization supporting you stating exactly what type of support is being offered, for what duration and financial proof that they have the means to do so;
- Proof that you will return home at the end of your studies (return ticket or evidence that funds will be available for that purpose).
UNITED STATES APPLICANTS WISHING TO STUDY IN CANADA
Citizens and permanent Residents of the United States may obtain a student authorization from Immigration authorities at the port of entry as they enter Canada. The first two requirements listed above are also applicable to American applicants.