D.P.S. PROGRAM OUTLINE
20 courses are required for the diploma. With the approval of the program director, up to 8 of the 20 courses may be taken at the undergraduate level.
All students are required to maintain an electronic portfolio that documents their progress through their programs.
- A 12-hour seminar in academic skills entitled "Introduction to Philosophical Studies" given over the course of 6 days in late August.
Philosophy Courses: 10 Units
- The precise courses that fulfill the philosophy distribution requirements will be determined each year by the program director/academic advisor.
- 4 units in the history of philosophy; one from each of the different historical periods:
- Early Modern
- 4 units in different philosophical disciplines:
- Philosophy of God
- Philosophy of Human Nature
- 2 units of electives in Philosophy
Theological Courses: 3 Units
- RGT1101HF: Foundations of Theology
- RGB1501HF: Introduction to the New Testament
- RGB1005HS: Introduction to the Old Testament
Elective Courses: 6 Units
- In theology, social sciences, or a second language
Integrative Seminar: 1 Unit
- A final integrative seminar in which the student prepares a 30-page paper, which will be defended orally in the first week of June.