President, Regis College
Spirituality, Culture & Social Justice
Room 219; ext. 273
Jack is a senior fellow at Massey College, director of the Jesuit Refugee and Migrant Service, chaplan and board member at Romero House for Refugees, member of the Southern Ontario Sanctuary Coalition, Council of Canadians, and PEN Canada.
- Assistant translator of The Rule of Metaphor (La Metaphore Vive) by Paul Ricoeur, Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1977.
- "Introduction" for new edition of Reason and Emotion by John Macmurray, Humanities Press, 1992
- Chapter on "The Life and Thought of John Macmurray" in John Macmurray: Critical Perspectives. New York: Peter Lang, 2002.
- John Macmurray: A Biography (2002), Floris Books, Edinburgh.
- Articles in several journals including The Way, Grail: An Ecumenical Journal, Ecumenist, Journal of Ultimate Reality and Meaning, Canadian Theological Society Newsletter, Compass: A Jesuit Journal, Canadian Messenger and VOICES Across Boundries.
(Courses at Regis by title and areas of research interest)
- Doing Justice with Spirit
- Contemplation in Action
- Culture, Nature, & Spirituality: A theological reading of selected sets of Massey Lectures
- Grace and Globalization
- Spirituality and Culture: The western tradition and post-modern series
Pastoral study/work in Bukidnon, Philippines and in Khao I Dang refugee camp in Thailand. Faculty Member and Dean of the Jesuit formation philosophy program at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. Research and lecturing in Aberdeen, Oxford, Edinburgh, and London. Jesuit Refugee Service planning and conferences in Columbia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Haiti, Venezuela, and the USA.