Please Note: Advanced Degree program students follow procedures outlined in the relevant handbooks. The application deadline for advanced degree programs (MA, ThM, ThD and PhD) is early January though late applications will be considered until March 31st. The deadline for the DMin is early November. Apply through the Toronto School of Theology, 47 Queen’s Park Cr. E., Toronto, ON M5S 2C3, email: email@example.com
In addition to any program-specific requirements, applicants to basic degree, diploma, and ecclesiastical programs must fulfil the following minimum requirements:
• Possess sufficient fluency in English to participate actively in seminars and to write essays and examinations. Please see additional details under “English Language Competency” below.
• Be a graduate of an accredited college or university, or give evidence of having completed an educational program equivalent to a BA degree. In the case of conjoint Basic Programs, doubtful cases will be referred to the Admissions and Procedures Committee of the Basic Degree Council of TST.
• Normally applicants should have a B- average in an appropriate bachelor degree.
• Submit official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended. To be official, these transcripts must be sent directly to the College from the institutions concerned or may be requested in a signed, sealed envelope from the institutions concerned for inclusion with other registration material.
• Submit a $25.00, non-refundable application fee with the application.
For September admission, apply by July 15 (International students are recommended to apply by January 15)
For January admission, apply by November 15
For Summer admission, apply by March 15
All application documents must reach Regis College by the above due dates. Late applications will only be considered if space allows. Overseas applicants are advised to apply early to allow time for study permits and residence. For September admissions, those who wish to have advance notice of funding, wish to enroll in a summer course, or wish an early response from the College should apply by March 15. No applications for the September term will be accepted after August 15. No applications for the January term will be accepted after December 1.
Applicants whose primary language is not English and who have pursued university-level study in countries where English is not the official language are required to demonstrate English language facility by taking recognized tests such as TOEFL (Test of English as a Second Language). Applicants should request that their TOEFL or English proficiency scores be sent to the University of Toronto, institutional code 0982-00. The College reserves the right to interview applicants whose native language is not English. If it is determined that their English language skills require strengthening, intensive English language instruction will be required as part of the first year of their study. For more information about English language programs at the University of Toronto, see english.learn.utoronto.ca
For further information, please click here
The College adheres to the rule of the Association of Theological Schools and the Toronto School of Theology that not more than 10 percent of the total enrolment in its Basic Programs may consist of students who do not have a baccalaureate degree. Spacing allowing, limited number of candidates who fulfil the conditions noted below may be accepted, at the discretion of the Regis College Basic Program Admissions Committee:
• Have completed one year of Arts and Science studies, or its equivalent, as assessed by the Admissions and Procedures Committee of TST, normally within the previous five years, with a second-class standing or better.
• Have significant life experience.
• Fulfil any further requirements, as established by the Regis College Basic Program Committee.
Students who have completed one or more theological courses at the post-baccalaureate level may apply for credit transfer. Transfer credits are assessed on a case-by-case basis by the Basic Degree Committee. Doubtful cases will be referred to the Admissions and Procedures Committee of the Basic Degree Council of TST. Transfer credit is not normally granted for theological field education requirements. Transfer credits may be allowed under the following conditions:
• The student must have achieved at least a B standing in the courses for which transfer credits are sought.
• Courses must have been completed within eight years of the date of registration for the program being sought to be considered.
• The courses must have been taken at an ATS accredited institution or its equivalent.
• A minimum of 10 semester credits must be taken within TST (a minimum one-year residency requirement).
• A maximum of one year of credit, or 10 semester courses, may be granted for degrees already conferred.
Substitutions may be allowed for courses already taken but not considered transferable. Petitions for waiver of program requirements are presented to the Admissions Committee through the student’s Program Director.
Normally, students wishing to transfer from one Regis College degree program to another, or students who wish to be admitted to a degree program after initially registering as a special student, will be required to follow the admissions procedure required by the new program. Transfer of credits, program residency and outstanding program requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the Basic Program Committee.