Associate Professor of New Testament
For appointment please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
room 209; extension 256
Areas of Research and Interest:
- apocalyptic literature and theology
- death and the afterlife in Second Temple Judaism and early Christianity
- Spirituality, religious experience, and Christian life in the New Testament
- Roman imperial cult; Greco-Roman religions
- The Bible and violence - the works of Girard, Alison, Horsely, Drewermann, and Griffith.
- Gospel of John
- Letters of Paul; Pauline communities
Recent publications and works in progress:
- What Are They Saying About New Testament Apocalyptic? Paulist Press, 2004.
- The Gospel of John and the Epistles of John. Collegeville Bible Commentary. Liturgical Press, 2005.
- Something New Under the Sun: Spirituality and Christian Life in the New Testament. Paulist Press, in progress.